During these times of long crisis, a study by Eurofound has shown a decline in mental health and trust in government across the EU between 2020 and 2021.
Here are the highlights:
- All age groups register a low mental well-being, especially young people.
- The number of people who have difficulties in making ends meet has increased during the pandemic.
- Trust in national governments is declining as well as in public institutions.
- A hesitancy wave in getting vaccinated is sweeping the EU and affects men more than women.
- Social media and declining trust are big factors in vaccine hesitancy.
You can find the full report in English here.