VAT registration

Posted November 10th, 2010 in Belgian Law by Louise

Anyone earning income in Belgium as a freelance and all businesses need to register for VAT in Belgium. You must receive confirmation of your VAT registration before you can issue an invoice.  However if you earn less than EURO 5580 then you do not need to make VAT declarations nor do you charge VAT and nor can you recover it.

You file your registration in the tax district where your business is based.

VAT registration is an additional step following your business registration at the Banque Carrefour d’Entreprises.

If you want to know which is your VAT registration office or if you need help filling in the form, contact Local Knowledgeand we can help you out.

Leave a Reply