The Belgian Federal Ministry of Finance has just announced a series of measures for all self-employed people (‘independent’) to help us through the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The deadline for quarterly VAT submissions has been postponed until 7 May 2020 (instead of 20 April)
- The payment of your VAT is automatically delayed by two months, without risking a fine, until the 20 June 2020
- The payment of your withholding tax is also automatically delayed, until the 15 June 2020
- The deadline for income and corporate taxes will be postponed by 2 months too
- The submission of your client listing has been postponed until the 30 April 2020
- The deadline for the intra-EU listing has been postponed until 7 May 2020
These delaying measures can also be combined with other extended payment terms that you may already be benefiting from or have applied for.
More details in French: https://finances.belgium.be/fr/Actualites/18-03-2020-coronavirus-mesures-soutien-supplementaires
More details in Dutch: https://financien.belgium.be/nl/Actueel/18-03-2020-coronavirus-bijkomende-steunmaatregelen